Approximate Reading Time: 3 minutes
Get out of your activewear and get into SRC’s medical grade compression to fast track your recovery while addressing conditions like Abdominal Muscle Separation (DRAM), Perineal Tears and stitches, C-Section wounds, Sciatica and Low Back Pain. SRC Recovery Shorts and Leggings were developed specifically for this reason.
Let's have a look at what's available out there in the market:
Fit for Purpose Compression
- Activewear has NO medical benefit other than comfort and fashion. It will not assist you in speeding up your recovery after delivery or provide the support necessary to move more freely or make lifting, feeding, bathing and caring for your baby easier.
- Many so-called recovery garments are merely an extension of a sports compression garment or a hosiery brand, neither "specifically designed with the medical needs of the new mother in mind."
- SRC Recovery compression garments are "fit for purpose" and are the premier choice of leading healthcare professionals and consumers.
Here are 7 reasons why you should choose SRC Recovery Compression garments:
- SRC garments are ‘fit for purpose’ – they have been designed by women for women, in consultation with an obstetrician and a structured approach was taken towards research and development. The patented compression garment design features Anatomical Support Panels (ASP) within the garment that has been specially located for recovery post-delivery to deliver targeted compression for healing multiple conditions such as Perineal wounds and stitches, C-Section and Abdominal muscle separation.
- The anatomically targeted support panels provide consistent compression during movement. This is achieved utilising True Cross Compression where each fabric layer is cut on a different plane so that during activity no compression is lost at any time.
- Unlike mainstream compression products, SRC fabrics have been specifically developed and milled for the purpose of assisting with postnatal conditions and providing support for improving mobility and pelvic muscle function post-partum. Exclusively manufactured for SRC and then independently tested multiple times over several months in the days and weeks after childbirth before being launched into the market, the fabric is of exceptional quality, with maximum support and comfort including features like moisture wicking.
- The SRC fabric and a leading competitors fabric were put through a 100 wash cycles and then both were re-tested using a fabric extension test. The results showed that the compression properties of the SRC fabric, unlike those of the competition were sustained. After 50 washes, the results showed that the competitor fabric had not only shrunk significantly, but was less resistant in the stretch. The SRC fabric had minimum shrinkage and retained its stretch resistance under higher force. The shrinkage of both fabrics stabilized after 100 wash cycles, but only the SRC fabric retained the same high level of compression at the conclusion of the testing.
- Gentle medical grade compression avoids muscle deactivation and allows for SRC Recovery garments to be worn day and night, whilst activating your muscles. Unlike shapewear with medium to high levels of compression, SRC recovery garments deliver 24-hour wearability, support and pain relief.
- With no adjustable buttons, velcro, zips or clips, SRC Recovery compression garments are more convenient and comfortable as there is no need to regularly adjust while wearing. The SRC Recovery garments come in 3 lengths; Knee (9 sizes), Mini (7 sizes) as well as Leggings (7 sizes).
- The SRC Recovery range delivers a multi-functional garment to new mums. It not only treats the most common conditions post-delivery during the initial 10-12 week recovery period but it is also used by many customers for exercise and for aesthetic reasons under fitted clothing for years after.
Approximate Reading Time: 6 minutes
Blog Outline – Quick Jump to:
What are the symptoms of Vulvar Varicosities?
What causes Vulvar Varicosities?
Customer stories - how SRC Pregnancy gar...
Approximate Reading Time: 7 minutes
Defined as the first three months of your baby’s life, 4th trimester is a time when the newborn is adjusting to life on the outside and you are equally...