If you are about to have surgery, SRC SurgiHeal garments may just be the ‘wonderwear’ you need to facilitate post-surgical wound healing and rehabilitation with effective pain relief:
SRC SurgiHeal garments provide continuous gentle compression to a wound post-surgery which assists in reducing pain.1
84% of our test subjects said the SurgiHeal compression garments were very effective at decreasing wound pain and 70% required less pain medication while wearing.2
Anatomical Support Panels (ASP) developed and patented by SRC Health deliver targeted compression. This can be ideal for wound healing and treating multiple conditions such as recovery from abdominal and back surgeries, gynaecological procedures and back pain, as well as reducing the risk of DVT by improving mobility.
The unique SRC fabric technology promotes muscle activation by providing continuous gentle compression to the pelvis, back and abdominal muscles.3 Activation of muscle provides greater stability to a wound while it is healing.3
Early mobility following surgery is deemed crucial, since postoperative immobilisation is widely held to contribute to cardiovascular instability,4 thromboembolic complications,5 and catabolism,4 in addition to pulmonary morbidity.6 Wound compression after major abdominal surgery can enhance the speed of postoperative recovery of walk performance.7
The garments also assist with swelling reduction. Feeling like a second skin and without being tight, the gentle compression increases the pressure in the tissue under the skin. This reduces swelling by moving the excess fluid that builds up around the wound back into the deeper venous blood vessels and back to the heart. Increasing venous and lymphatic drainage from around a wound allows for nutrient rich oxygenated blood to infiltrate the tissue allowing for faster healing.8
The ASP deliver True Cross Compression (TCC) as each layer within the panel is cut on a different plane so that during activity no compression is lost at any time.
The research and development of our fabric was extensive as we wanted to ensure that it provided support and comfort with no feeling of restriction.
Our uniquely milled fabric goes through rigorous independent testing to ensure that it is of the highest quality and can stretch and return to its original shape consistently after wash and wear to provide you with optimal performance and a longer lasting garment.
To make sure we deliver this we decided to test our fabric against one of the leading compression brands in the marketplace to assess whether the compression properties were sustained after multiple washes and how this compared to the other brand.
We subjected the fabric to 100 wash cycles followed by an extension test. Our fabric not only retained its original size and shape (against the competitor which shrunk significantly) but also retained the same high level of compression at the conclusion of testing.
For more SurgiHeal garments research see: https://www.srchealth.com/media/uploaded/AU-SRCH-04-2016-028-Manuscript-SurgiHeal-Final.pdf
1.The Effect of Abdominal Support on Functional Outcomes in Patients Following Major Abdominal Surgery:
A Randomized Controlled Trial. Physiotherapy Can. 2010; 62:242–25 Oren Cheifetz, S. Deborah Lucy, Tom J. Overend, Jean Crowe.
3. SRC Recovery Shorts, Research Laboratory Analysis of Functional Effect. Antonio I Cuesta-Vargas, Cátedra de Fisioterapia, Universidad de Málaga, Andalucía, Spain June 2017
4. Early ambulation and prevention of post-operative thrombo-embolic risk. Basse L, Raskov HH, Jakobsen DH, Sonne E, Billesbølle P, Hendel HW, et al. Accelerated postoperative recovery programme after colonic resection improves physical performance, pulmonary function and body composition. Brit J Surg. 2002;89:446–53. doi: 10.1046/j.0007-1323.2001.02044.x. [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
5. Early ambulation and prevention of post-operative thrombo-embolic risk. Geerts WH, Heit JA, Clagett GP, Pineo GF, Colwell CW, Anderson FA, et al. Prevention of venous thromboembolism. Early ambulation and prevention of post-operative thrombo-embolic risk. Chest. 2001;119:132S–75S. [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
6. Effects of posture on postoperative pulmonary function. Nielsen KG, Holte K, Kehlet H. Acta Anaesth Scand. 2003;47:1270–5. doi: 10.1046/j.1399-6576.2003.00240.x. [PubMed] [Google Scholar].
7. The Effect of Abdominal Support on Functional Outcomes in Patients Following Major Abdominal Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Physiotherapy Can. 2010; 62:242–25 Oren Cheifetz, S. Deborah Lucy, Tom J. Overend, Jean Crowe.
8. An Overview of Compression Therapy October 18, 2010 Volume 4 Issue 10 - October 2010 By Meghan Hegarty, MS.
For wear and care instructions, click here
To see more research on SRC Garments, click here
Place your order with confirmed payment before 1.00 pm on any business day and your product will be shipped express that day. You can expect delivery within 2 business days. The product may be shipped with “Authority to Leave”.
For your convenience we use express shipping to deliver to all countries for one low flat fee.
Delivery times to countries such as USA, Canada, Europe and New Zealand are 3-5 business days. Other locations may take up to 10 days.
A signature will be required at point of delivery for customers outside Australia.
Note: All freight is charged at $A13.
We offer a generous returns and exchange policy with a 100% money back guarantee. To read more about our policy or to make an exchange or refund, click here.
Correct measurement with these garments is crucial to the functionality of the leggings. As they are a medical garment/measured sizes they do not correlate to general/fashion clothing sizes. General fashion sizes also vary drastically by country and by brand (we find that an Australian XS can equate to a S or even M in American sizes) so we strongly recommend you have someone else take your measurements and use this guide to size yourself up.
We also have a video for you to reference in terms of measuring yourself correctly here: